Thursday, August 28, 2008
Monday, August 11, 2008
- User authentication: You can now show your first ever posting date on the site or links to your other ads. This info adds to your credibility. You’ll see this option... on the posting form. I think it’s a good idea for most users.
- Post in over 100 cities: A sponsor ad can now be placed in 108 cities in a matter of minutes. Plus, your post can not be solely removed by community reporting. It’s a paid option and it helps us pay for staff. To post in a bunch of cities at one time, go here
- Promote us: Our entire PR effort is based on inbound linking from users. Go here for sample ads to place on your site or blog.
- Multi-city navigation: You’ll see some changes in LA, Miami, and South Texas. Users can browse the greater area or drill down to a city.
- Other user requests completed: Users can view photos faster when browsing ads in full view. We fixed a delay in multi-city ad changes to ads appearing on the site. For pets for sale and autos for sale, we added some more fraud control.
- Sponsor ad discounts: You can now get a 5% to 50% discount by running your sponsor ad for multiple weeks. The discount varies by category. Sponsor ads increase results, increase referrals to your web site, can not be removed by the community, allow full use of html, and are targeted by category with high conversion rates. They also help pay for our staff and servers.